Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is my bathroom on planet Jewpiter or something?

The bathroom in my office is shared by the whole floor. As I was leaving a minute ago, I opened the door and standing right in front of the door - not in the hallway near the door, but right in front of the freaking door, like less than a foot from the doorway - was a whole family of Orthodox Jews facing me. I mean yamikas, curly sideburns and all. Jewbacca beard with his wife and kids... the whole dang tribe.

Just standing in front of the door.

Nobody was reaching for the knob, nobody tried to walk in when I opened the door, they clearly weren't waiting to go in (which would've been weird too, a wife and daughter heading into a filthy men's room). They were just standing there looking at me like I did something (which I did, it was gross but made me feel better thank you very much). I didn't know how to react, so I kind of flinched.

Weird.

I don't want you to think I have anything against the Jews. I am, in fact, one of the chosen ones myself (so maybe I do...). But I just thought the whole scene was so odd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment